I started Designing Sound on 2009 with a main idea: share sound design stuff for everyone. Over time the site has reached new territories, more people, and therefore I have seen the need to grow more every day, both in content and features that offer better choices every day for you, the life of Designing Sound.
That is why today I am proud to introduce some changes on Designing Sound, with new features that I hope you like:
- New domain – Now you can access to the website trough designingsound.org. Also designingsound.noisepages still working
- New logo and theme goodies – I decided to change the logo and make some changes on the theme, to refresh the look, give a better design and have the info with more organization.
- New sidebar boxes – Just new images and direct access to the best content and pages
I also made some changes on the sections:
- Featured Sound Designers – More sound designers on the way for each month! And now there is a new dedicated section on the site to get all the info of previous specials.
- Audio Implementation Greats – New section with tutorials and examples about Game Audio Implementation each two weeks, given by Damian Kastbauer, technical sound designer with a great knowledge on this field. He has worked implementing sound on games like The Saboteur, Conan, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Tales of Monkey Island and more. Stay tuned for the first article coming this month!
- Sound Design Essentials – I’ll be continuing with this series, one for each month.
I hope you like the changes. Special thanks to Peter Kirn and all the CDM Crew for helping me a lot with the website and for giving this amazing platform. If you need something or want any feature/content, remember to write me. And don’t forget to keep an eye on: