As previously mentioned, we’re hosting a Pre-GDC gathering with the help of UVI. We’ll be meeting to chat, play pool, and drink/eat at The Broken Rack in Emeryville on Sunday, March 18th starting at 2PM. We’ll also be guiding groups over to the Vintage Synthesizer Museum, throughout the afternoon and evening.
The Broken Rack (5768 Peladeau St, Emeryville, CA) is a little off the beaten path from our usual gatherings, but it’s the best place we could find near the museum to accommodate our typically large group. If you’re looking to take public transportation, you’ll want to take the Pittsburg/Bay Point BART line (from San Francisco, East Bay lines will be different) to MacArthur station in Oakland. From there, you can hop on the Emery Go-Round bus or take a Lyft/Uber the rest of the way. [Visit the Bart and Emery Go-Round sites for more information regarding schedules and routes…or just use Google Maps.] It may also be simplest to just take a Lyft/Uber trip there with a couple of other people.
Here’s the fine print:
- DS staff will be at the Broken Rack by 2PM.
- In order to visit the museum, you’ll need to sign up for a time slot (link below). Space is limited, and sign-ups are first come, first serve only.
- Use your full name when signing up, it will not be made public. If we see a partial name, it will be removed from the sign ups.
- Please arrive at The Broken Rack no later than 30 minutes before your time slot, and check in with a DS staff member. We’ll be in the lounge, in the back left of the establishment.
- We will accept wait list sign ups there as well (only in person at the meetup).
- If you have not checked in 30 minutes prior to your time, you will forfeit your slot. You can still sign up for the wait list if this happens.
- It’s about a 20 minute walk to the museum from The Broken Rack. So wear comfortable shoes!
- You’ll have 30 minutes in the museum, and will be sharing a listening station with other people. Take a look at the synth list below, and figure out which you’re most interested in so you can use your time effectively.
By signing up, you’re certifying that you’ve read and understand these rules. You can secure your slot here.
Hope to see you there!
…and here’s that synth list again. Now annotated to identify which vintage synths are emulated in UVI’s Vintage Vault 2:
Moog MiniMoog Model D *(UVI Ultramini)
Moog 1125 Sample and Hold Controller
Moog Taurus I
Moog Etherwave Theremin
EMS Synthi AKS
EMS Vocoder 2000
EMS Fixed Filter Bank
ARP Odyssey MKII
ARP 2600 with 3620 keyboard
ARP Little Brother
ARP 1613 Sequencer
ARP Rhodes Chroma *(UVI Vintage Legends)
Sequential Circuits T8
Sequential Circuits Prophet 5
Sequential Circuits Pro-One
Oberheim Xpander *(UVI OB Legacy)
Oberheim OB-Xa *(UVI OB Legacy)
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland Jupiter 6
Roland Jupiter 4
Roland MKS-80 Super Jupiter Rev. 4
Roland Juno 6
Roland Juno 60
Roland Juno 106
Roland RS-505 *(UVI String Machines)
Roland TR-808 *(UVI BeatBox Anthology 2)
Roland TR-909 *(UVI BeatBox Anthology 2)
Roland TR-606 *(UVI BeatBox Anthology 2)
EML Electro-Comp 101
EML Electro-Comp 200
EML Electro-Comp 400/401
Octave Cat MKI
Electric Dream Plant WASP
Yamaha CS-70m *(UVI Vintage Legends)
Yamaha CS-40m *(UVI Vintage Legends)
DK Synergy *(UVI Vintage Legends)
CMI Fairlight *(UVI Darklight IIx)
E-mu Emulator II *(UVI Emulation II)