Charles Deenen has published a useful guide on his site explaining how to setup Dropbox for sharing Pro Tools sessions quickly between a group of people, in the cloud.
Dropbox allows you to work “virtually” in a group with Protools, sharing sessions almost instantly. However there are a few rules to follow during the workflow, to make this process smooth. The following is assumed:
- You’re working with Protools 9.x
- You work with a library program like Soundminer / Netmix etc.
- You work with other people in a group, and need to open up their sessions
- quickly from various locations.
- Each editor / mixer has the necessary plugins to listen to the session (if needed)