After the succes of the Sound Design for Pros Webinars, David Sonnenschein is announcing a new webinar series, this time with Ric Viers, author of the Sound FX Bible and CEO of Blastwave FX.
Whether you are starting out or have several years under your belt, this is the opportunity for you to get professional with your film audio know-how (and know-why). This 6-week webinar series will cover:
— How do you talk to the producer to get the gig in the first place?
— What kind of prep can you do with the script to keep in budget and get the best recordings?
— What gear and techniques do you need to solve those tricky dialogue scenes?
— How can you integrate your skills with the picture editor and music composer?
— What tools are available to help audio support character, emotion and story?
You’ll have the opportunity to get personalized feedback on your own work, as each week we’ll screen selected participants’ submissions, along with a Q&A session. The topics we’ll cover will be:
1. PREP – Analyzing the script, Equipment needed, Director/Producer rap
2. PRODUCTION – What you need, How to solve location challenges
3. SOUND DESIGN – How to choose the right sound and why, Applications, Story, Emotion
4. POST – Dialogue, ADR, Character Development
5. POST – Sound Effects Recording, Sound Effects Libraries, Foley, Plug-Ins
6. POST – Music, Mix, Interfacing with the Director/Composer/Editor
The series is $299 and if you sign up by December 15, you’ll receive a coupon for 35% off any downloadable Blastwave FX product.