Soundminer has officially announced Soundminer HD, a new version of the sound database manager based on the V4 Engine, and including a lot of new features and improvements. Now they’ll be offering two different products: Soundminer HD and Soundminer HD Plus, with no differences between Mac and Win versions.
Soundminer HD is a new lower cost product line that offers users modular feature options as well as the option to run it on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. The starting price for this product is only $199US and is packed with great Soundminer advances leveraged from our respected v4 engine. If you thought Soundminer was great but too expensive, take a look at the new HD!
Soundminer HD Features ($199)
- Supports Macintosh 10.5+ or Windows XP, Vista and System 7.
- Includes our advanced super fast robust V4 Search engine with support for boolean operators as well as alternative search options. And it won’t crumble when enriched with thick advanced metadata like other systems!
- Imports and reads multiple metadata formats as well as v4 databases.
- Large multi-channel waveform overview with ability to resize. Make an edit and drag that edit to your target!
- New LaunchPad™ – 3D graphical search interface. Another Soundminer first!
- Mark files as you audition and return them with one key!
- Simple to use new GUI and Toolbar with everything only one touch away.
- Detail Info pane with Live Link Searching and Artwork support.
- Preset Database optimized for Music and Sound Effects.
- Import iTunes library and playlists.
- Live Filter Searching – instantly refine your results without entering a single keyword!
- Play History – Keeps track of everything you audition.
- Includes the V4 BACK and LOCK features.
- New Lyric Search feature.
- Support for Sound Output Devices
- Intelligent Drag and drop a file from the interface to any application that supports it – ie. Pro Tools, Nuendo, Final Cut, Reaper, Digital Performer, Sony Vegas, Sound Forge, Abelton Live, etc.
- Simple drag and drop transfer
- Metadata editing for the ‘Description’ field
Soundminer HD Plus Features ($399)
- Support for Pro Tools 8 Spot to Timeline.
- Support for AVID Media Composer. Transfers dragged into the current Avid Bin get auto enriched with critical metadata. Another Soundminer first!
- Support for Final Cut Pro – drag to the timeline or batch transfer right into your Project complete with metadata. Another Soundminer first!
- Support for Logic 9, Soundtrack Pro, and Pyramix for Spot to Timeline.
- Advanced Transfer Settings with user definable handles, sum to mono, remove illegal characters, and the new ‘intelligent’ file transfer option.
- Multiple Database support – make as many as you want and have them instantly available. Import v4 Databases
- Project Pane with unlimited folder hierarchy. Organize your files just the way you want!
- Supports Batch Transfers
- Pitch Control on playback and transfers.
- Powerful Copy and Convert engine incorporates the industry’s best 64-bit sample rate converter…iZotope’s SRC™ – transfer speeds more than double in HD Plus.
- Support for AAF file format.
- Modify and Embed metadata to your files for all available fields!
- V4 Advanced file naming algorithm support.
- ‘Library’ weighting. Your favourites come up first!
- Import V4 databases
To get support for both platforms on the same license you have to buy the Universal Edition, which is $100 more on HD and HD Plus. For more information, please visit Soundminer’s official site (renewed recently with a really nice design)
[…] I saw that some people were having some doubts regarding the new Soundminer HD. I could answer some of them but I find more appropriate to ask directly to a person on the […]