After the great special of Erik Aadahl (who shared lots of amazing stuff on film sound design) we’re ready for our next guest. This time focused on game audio and field recording stuff, please welcome: Chuck Russom, who will be with us all this month giving interviews about his best works, notes and articles on field recording, and a nice dose of gunshots making stuff! Stay tuned.
Chuck Russom is a freelance Sound Designer and Recordist based in Los Angeles. He spent the first decade of his career working in-house for top game studios and publishers such as: Infinity Ward, Sony Santa Monica, Electronic Arts, and Activision. Since 2008, He has been working as on a freelance basis. He has played a major part in the development of multiple hit game franchises including: God of War, Call Of Duty, Medal of Honor, James Bond, and Heroes of Might and Magic. Custom sound recording is a key component of his work, and He has been on countless recording adventures, chasing down unique and exotic sounds like guns, explosions, large animals, and car drops/crashes.
Awards and Nominations
- AIAS Award for God of War
- AIAS Award Nomination for Call of Duty
- GDC Choice Award for Call of Duty
- GDC Choice Award Nomination for God of War
- GDC Choice Award Nomination for God of War II
- GANG Award for Call of Duty
- GANG Award for God of War
- GANG Award Nomination for God of War II
- BAFTA Award Nomination for God of War II
- Medal of Honor (2010) – Sound designer
- Dante’s Inferno (2010) – Sound designer
- 007: Quantum of Solace (2008) – Audio lead
- God of War 2 (2007) – Audio lead
- God of War (2005) – Sound designer and mixer
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assualt (2004) – Audio Lead
- Call of Duty (2003) – Audio Lead
- Heroes of Might and Magic IV (2002) – Sound designer
- Might and Magic IX (2002) – Sound designer
- Legends of Might and Magic (2001) – Sound designer and Sound effects recordist
- Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer (2000) – Sound designer
You guys seriously need a proofreader. Seriously!
Mike Niederquell says
I think you just volunteered yourself :).