Firelight Technologies has released new updates of the FMOD Ex API and FMOD Designer bringing new features and updates, including the new DSP effects, more memory optimizations, a new Profiler option and performance improvements to the Geometry API.
FMOD 4.26 Programmer API Updates:
- Added Delay and TREMOLO DSP effects.
- Improved performance of FMOD Delay DSP, iPhone, Win32 and PSP (SNC library).
- Made the FMOD Geometry API multithreaded and added a new geometry processing mode.
- Optimized small streams not to read disk again after being fully buffered. Big reduction in disk access means less stuttering/smaller buffersizes. FMOD_SOFTWARE only.
- FSB codec memory usage reduced if using loading the same FSB multiple times.
- Added “Compression quality, multichannel and looping with lossy audio formats” tutorials to low-level docs
- Added profiling of geometry thread to Profiler.
- Event API – Reduced size of FEV in memory.
- PS3 – Added automatic muting/pausing of sounds in “music” channelgroup if PS3 System BGM music is playing.
- Xbox 360 – Added microphone recording support.
FMOD 4.27 Designer Updates:
- All GUID conflicts are now listed at the end of the build log.
- Added ability to control individual envelopes in an effect with different parameters.
- Added sound definition pitch randomization modes.
- Implemented network tweaking for event user properties.
- Property sheets, lists and treeviews remember their selection when changing tab or project.
- 3D Pan Level and 3D Speaker spread effects no longer require software on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.
- More cut and paste options available.
- Added “Interactive music system” tutorials to the Designer user manual.