Tim Prebble has been publishing on his blog a series of posts talking about metadata. Some days ago he emailed various developers of sound library apps and asked some questions about metadata support in their applications.
- Library Monkey Pro
- Twisted Wave
- Could you provide basic info for me as to how your application handles metadata?
- Does it read iXML?
- Does it write iXML?
- Does it read BEXT?
- Does it write BEXT?
- Do you use your own custom metadata?
- Can your custom metadata be read by other programs?
- Can your custom metadata be exported for use in other programs?
- What fields of metadata do you support?
- Can I import metadata from a spreadsheet? what formats are supported?