Black Friday/Cyber Monday wasn’t your only opportunity to take advantage of some awesome deals. Whether it’s the holidays or the countdown to the New Year, deals start popping up out of the woodwork. There are already a bunch in available in the lead up to 2013. Here’s a run-down of what we’ve seen so far…Read More
Available on Hard Drive – we started from scratch with state-of-the-art recording equipment and the best in microphones and recorded brand new sound effects in high definition 24bit / 96kHz broadcast wav files. Over 20,000 Sound Effects, including:
- Animals & birds recorded with 3 days of special isolated access at SeaWorld Orlando
- An impressive variety of contemporary & vintage airplanes, helicopters, cars, trucks, ships & boats
- Not just your ordinary vehicle destruction – we purchased vehicles and totally trashed them
- An uncountable number of props – recorded in our studio with absolutely no background noise
- Weapons, foley, robots, airports, hot air balloons, welding, industrial ambiences, sports, crowds and more
- Everything from an authentic World War II air raid siren to G20 protesters on the street
- We hired experts to operate specialty items – vehicles, machines, tools & weapons – for maximum authenticity
- Almost anything you can imagine … and a few things you can’t!
For more information, visit Sound Ideas.Read More
A new month means a new featured sound designer on Designing Sound, and here it is: Jim Stout, who has prepared lots of great stuff including videos, tutorials and more!
Located in Austin, TX- the “Live Music Capital of the World,” Jim Stout is no stranger to the world of sound design, he’s been programming synth sounds since he was only thirteen years old. And, with a background in music production, he eventually found his way into more complex sound design projects, and has been creating quite a buzz amongst fellow sound designers and musicians. Over the last seven years he has produced no less than ten sound effects libraries, working with respected companies like Megasonics, Sound Ideas, and the Hollywood Edge.
His library Tonal Atmospheres, released in 2009 by the Hollywood Edge, has been quoted as being “richly-layered ambiences that would fit perfectly in any sci-fi or horror project….[and] clean, useful and creative,” by Post Magazine’s Jennifer Arrowood. His most recent project, GameFX (also released by the Hollywood Edge), was just launched at the NAB show in Las Vegas in April and has also been received enthusiastically by the sound design community.
Jim was also an instrumental part of the sound design team with Roland, and you can really see his programming skills shine whenever you here the V-Synth/V-Synth GT. During his time with Roland, Jim also contributed greatly to the sounds in the Fantom series, the MV series, as well as the MC series.
Jim is currently working in collaboration with Richard Divine and Josh Kay on the greatly anticipated Mechanical Morph library, and you can get a sneak peak of the behind the scenes action in this month’s feature of Jim Stout.
- Hollywood Edge – Mechanical Morph (coming soon..)
- Hollywood Edge – Game FX
- Hollywood Edge – Title FX 2
- Sound Ideas – The Monsters and Creatures Sound Effect Collection
- Sound Ideas – Megasonics Sound Design Production Elements
- Sound Ideas – Production Elements Toolkit — Volume 2
- Sound Ideas – Production Elements Toolkit — Volume 3
James has created a very cool teaser showing some of the stuff who he will be featuring on his special. Check:
See this exclusive footage from a hard and clandestine battle between sound effects companies at NAB 2010. We still don’t know how many people were injured. Expect more details soon.
Just kidding. See how this guys from Blastwave FX, The Hollywood Edge and Sound Ideas had lots of fun at NAB 2010. And Ric Viers (CEO of Blastwave FX and author of “The Sound Effects Bible”) have a message for the “lazy sound designers”:
Don’t be a lazy sound designer. Don’t just “use” stock sounds.
Design and create your own sound effects with them.
… And read “The Sound Effects Bible”.