The first online school for learning how to create professional audio for video games has just announced that it is accepting applications for its first course from July to August 2012.
The application deadline of Friday June 29, 2012 is rapidly approaching and is limited to ten students, so make sure to have a look at the details on their application page at: http://School.VideoGameAudio.com/apply
– Learn how to make a professional demo reel in Audiokinetic’s Wwise and become more employable in the industry
– Work at your own pace through the course material with assistance from the instructor, Leonard J. Paul
– Course consists of videos, reading assignments, mini-projects and short tests that can be done at your own pace
– Suited for anyone with a strong audio background wishing to expand their knowledge and skills in the game audio industry
– 8 weeks of instructional materials at 10+ hours per week for $225 CAD which includes the $25 application fee
– No additional costs to purchase required books or other materials
– One top project from each class will chosen to receive 50% off the cost of the course and will be featured on the site
“It’s the first really solid and accessible game audio learning solution to be available worldwide, which will help any and everyone who wish to express themselves through this discipline.” – Francisco, student involved in the beta of the course
The School of Video Game Audio was created by industry veterans Gordon Durity and Leonard J. Paul who have a combined history of over 30 years in the industry and over 20 years teaching audio for games. Their combined experience and dedication to the art and science of game audio has given their students the competitive edge in the industry. The goal of the school is to raise the level of game audio on a world-wide scale by making it accessible and affordable to everyone who strives for excellence in this exciting field.