The Cinema Audio Society announced nominees for their 48th annual awards show celebrating outstanding achievements in Film and TV mixing. In addition, every year the CAS presents a “Career Achievement Award” to a deserving mixer, bestowing Re-recording mixer Scott Milan with the honor in 2012. Milan is currently finaling “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”, which will be the first film mixed at Technicolor’s new Paramount on-lot facility.
That said, the big news for this year’s CAS awards is that scoring mixers are to be nominated along with their fellow production and re-recording mixers. Below are the CAS nominees for sound mixing, motion picture. Head over to the CAS website for the rest of the nods.
- HANNA – Roland Winke, Christopher Scarabosio, Craig Berkey, CAS, and Andrew Dudman.
- HUGO – John Midgley, Tom Fleischman, CAS, and Simon Rhodes.
- MONEYBALL – Ed Novick, Deb Adair, CAS Ron Bochar, CAS, David Giammarco, and Brad Haenel.
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES – Lee Orloff, CAS Paul Massey, CAS Chris Boyes, and Alan Meyerson.
- SUPER 8 – Mark Ulano, CAS, Andy Nelson, Anna Behlmer, and Dan Wallin.