If you missed David Sonnenschein’s “Sound Design for Pros” the last year, now you have the opportunity to attend again, since David is announcing new webinar series, starting with two free introduction sessions.
Each of the six webinar sessions has an hour lecture-demo presentation, plus an hour of interactive analysis of participants’ submitted sound design (completed or work-in-progress, max. 5 minutes) and sound editing exercises to help get you out-of-the-box and bump up your professional chops. For those who submit all assignments, a Certificate of Completion will be awarded.
Topics (by week)
- THE INTELLIGENT EAR – Listening Modes, Sound Qualities and Bipolarities – By deconstructing the listening experience into discrete elements, the grammar of sound design language gives you access for clear and powerful communication.
- PLUG-IN POWER – Size, Distance, Speed and Non-Physical Reality – Understanding principles of real world acoustics and palette of subjective auditory experiences offers you enlightened use of digital processing tools.
- RULES OF the BRAIN ROAD – Psychoacoustic Principles and Applications – When the curtain is lifted on how humans process auditory information, you master the art of sonic illusion (creating and hiding) as essential tools in sound editing.
- SONIC TIME-SPACE CONTINUUM – Soundscapes and Sound Spheres – Creating an effective cinematic space depends on familiarity with your physical and social environment, and the knowledge of how to psychologically orient yourself through audio.
- AUDIO BUILDING BLOCKS – Constructing Sound Events and Sound Objects – Mastering techniques of sequencing, layering and mixing will infuse sonic fragments (sound effects, words) with meaningful messages (sound phrases, sentences).
- PEOPLE, PLOT AND PASSION – Narrative Structure and Sound Mapping – Bottom line, how can sound help tell your story? By understanding dramatic elements of character and emotion, the map can guide you to creative and impactful decision-making.
Costs and Dates
- Series Fee: $399 (early bird discount $299 available until Mar. 18, with coupon code sdfp311)
- Six consecutive weeks (Tues. or Wed.) Mar. 22/23 – April 26/27
- Session 1: Tuesdays 9-11am PST. Sign up here.
- Session 2: Wed. 6-8pm PST. Sign up here.
- Choose only one Session time.