Media coverage momentum builds as award season approaches. Nominations trickle out as early as this Thursday with the Cinema Audio Society. For fun, I plan to have a few polls on the blog once the “bigger” nods are announced to let you guys vote on your favorites. Until then, below is this week’s scatter shot of articles covering an array of film sound related topics.
THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Sits down with sound friendo’s Skip Lievsay and Craig Berkey of “No Country For Old Men”.
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
- Breaks down the motivation and execution of a ton of 2007’s notable film scores.
- Catches wind of what the sound crew for “The Kite Runner” did on the film.
- Sweats the details of the post sound process.
- Exposes the similar differences among genre film sound.
- Celebrates the platinum anniversary of an relationship forged in sound editorial.
- Reminisces with a fan-boy’s awe turned sound career.